I’ve been horrible about blogging. Horrible about TTC. Horrible about taking care of myself. Honestly I just haven’t cared. I’ve lost hope. It was gone and what was the point as it wasn’t going to happen to us. Not exactly the best thinking when you’re supposed to be optimistic and you are bucking ridiculously dismal statistics on pregnancy. But that’s where I’ve been.
Now on to where I’m going.
Today I finally, FINALLY, put the last cycle behind me. Also known as the never ending cycle. I know it wasn’t that long especially for some but for me – an eternity. 42 days with odd symptoms and yet no baby. Spending every day of the holidays getting hopeful and then dashing that hope. Not exactly a jolly time.
But the clock struck 12. We crossed into 2013 and no freaking joke I started a new cycle. Just like that. I’m choosing to take it as a sign that my body is telling me come on, this is our year. Let’s make 2013 work.
So the plan as of now, cause you know I like plans, is to:
- do WeightWatchers and try to lose as much as I can, as safely as I can, as quickly as I can, without stressing myself out. That last part is the biggest key. So far so good on that front.
- choke down my cobbled together list of supplements that I’ve seen or heard might help online and from other TTC/IF people (DHEA, COQ10, B12 Complex, extra Folic Acid, Evening Primrose Oil, Royal Jelly and I’ve probably left a few out). Chime in if I’ve forgetton anything you have heard might help with ovulation/fertility/egg quality.
- exercise (to help with the losing weight and as a stress reliever)
- cut back majorly on animal sources of protein. I won’t ever likely go vegan and probably not even full on vegetarian, but I’ve seen enough recently that I want to try to cut out as much as I can because I believe it will help.
- try to relax – this one is a toughie for me but I’m going to try to do a mani/pedi or massage at least every other week – ideally more and to block out a day a week to just chill at home and read or do a craft project or something.
- Get back into treatment. One more month off and then we’re trying again. I’m going to do my darndest to do as many rounds as it takes/am able to this year.
So that’s the plan. Fingers crossed it really is our year. Happy 2013!